Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Reminder

On those dark and stormy days
when the moon is Circe’s night,
Remind me of those days long gone
remind me of Mankind’s blight.

Remind me when the Light is gone
and Darkness comes to reign,
Remind me when Freedom is imprisoned
and tortured with rod and cane.

Remind me when Nature is no longer Mother
and Father Sky takes all,
Remind me when madness erupts in the world
and Sanity suffers a fall.

Remind me when the Truth is lost
and Justice gets some glasses,
Remind me when the solution is found
and rejected by the masses.

Find me when eyes are blind
and Music is tone deaf,
Find me when all rights are wronged
and Ignorance is Beauty’s chef.

Find me when the Devil gets burned
and Hell freezes over,
Find me when Luck is scorned
and every leaf’s a clover.

Find me when Joy takes drugs
to maintain its happy expression,
Find me when Purity is tainted
and Innocence makes a confession.

Love all those who cannot love
Whose broken hearts cry out in despair.
Shun all those who love no one
And refuses to admit thy err.

No comments: